LG MS450H MS400H
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

MythTV: LG as Secondary backend for MythTV

2 participantes

MythTV: LG as Secondary backend for MythTV Empty MythTV: LG as Secondary backend for MythTV

Mensaje  Co0olCat Mar Dic 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi,

I am a happy owner of LG 408 (AU version). Recently I have setup spare PC as MythTV server. I have an opportunity to compare both products and my conclusion is to use both. To give you better idea I need to present some info about MythTV (please forgive me for simplifications).

In MythTV "world" there are basically two roles of MythTV: Frontend and backend . Frontend allows to schedule and control and watch recordings. Backend actually does the recordings and other manipulations with media. One can use MythWeb as a web-based frontend. Backend can be master alone or master and several secondary backends. Master backend controls which tuners will be used for recordings and so on. Normally one can run on the same machine both roles: front- and backend. Backend can work with physically present tuners and with tuners on secondary backends. In the latter case it instructs corresponding backend machine which program to record.

The idea is to adopt LG recorders as a secondary backend. One way to do so is to insert a "translator" between MythTV communication protocol and SQLite DB running on LG. There could be another - elegant solution.

The benefit of implementing this integration is ability to take advantage of existing MythTV functions and utilities.

Thank you and Happy New Year!!!

Kind regards,
TY

Co0olCat

MythTV: LG as Secondary backend for MythTV Empty Re: MythTV: LG as Secondary backend for MythTV

Mensaje  Keltek Mar Dic 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Hello Coolcat (sorry, I'm too lazy to play with your oO0o Wink ).
I don't fully understand you message so I must read it repeatedly Smile coz I not fully understand the MythTv mythology. But connect the LG with some other systems will be appreciated. I have now fully functionally DLNA server (miniDLNA open-source) in my LG.
Keltek
Keltek

http://www.fozona.cz/

MythTV: LG as Secondary backend for MythTV Empty Re: MythTV: LG as Secondary backend for MythTV

Mensaje  Co0olCat Miér Dic 29, 2010 1:25 am

Hi,

The main reason to be part of MythTV architecture (for me) is to take advantage of their MythWeb interface. There are several useful features for remote users like me: I have access to TV program, I can set up recordings by clicking on selected TV show, I can see recording conflicts or repetitions. You can download entire file, open it via VLC as ASX, or use flash player to watch the content without downloading. With 0.24 flash allows to seek position in buffered video.

I think the first step is to check whether there is some net recorder which is already integrated in MythTV. I will post my progress if anyone is interested.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
TY

P.S. You can address me as TY Cool

Co0olCat

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado