wont connect to network workgroup

wont connect to network workgroup

Mensaje  B-Man el Mar Ene 01, 2013 12:17 pm

i had an issue before on the standard firmware where you select the media menu and it then finds the network and displays the workgroup name that you then open and connect to your pc.
sometimes it wouldnt display the workgroup name but a scan (blue button) refreshed it and displayed the workgroup and i was then able to access my computer

now after flashing this custom firmware it wont display the work group at all meaning i cant connect to the pc.

but in the dlna menu it does show my computer and i can access my public shares through there but that comes with other problems. i had to setup symbolic links to get it to work but still more problems
through the dlna menu the quality is noticably worse and the aspect ratio changes as it displays 2 black bars top and bottom but the same file through the other menu worked fine.
and copying that same item to a usb stick it displays perfect quality and the aspect is correct?

i changed back to the original firmware but it wont show the workgroup anymore and all the firmwares i have tried arent displaying the workgroup.
is there a way i can do a full complete flash and erase everything? or has anyone else had/ solved this problem?

B-Man

Ver perfil de usuario

Re: wont connect to network workgroup

Mensaje  B-Man el Sáb Ene 19, 2013 2:37 pm

i fixed the problem by using the wifi stick instead of ethernet so i tried a few different ethernet cords but none worked yet they work fine with other items in the house. so im assuming i have somehow stuffed up something to do with the ethernet settings on the media station.
i was using the wifi stick for a few days but that has now also stopped displaying the workgroup and not allowing me to access the pc????

B-Man

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje  vic1972 el Dom Ene 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Hello,
very strange the symtomns you mention.
Not sure what can be wrong.
Have you changed recently OS in your pc, like win7 or win8 .. ?
BR
Victor
vic1972

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje  B-Man el Lun Ene 21, 2013 9:24 am

no pc has been the same for years,
the wifi stick works off and on (currently working)
im currently back on v1.4 and still having the problem, i will try going back to stock.

also after watching a video through the media menu and it goes back to teh folder list it then selects picture mode (instead of video) and moves up and down a few times (bug in latest software)

B-Man

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado