Debian on LG

Debian on LG Empty Debian on LG

Mensaje  Co0olCat el Jue Abr 05, 2012 9:42 am

Hi,

I have moved all my recordings to linux-based PCs. My LG is AU version with spare HDD bay.
I am tempted to install there debian and backend for MythTV. I already running QNAP 210 with debian as scheduler and two stock PCs as slaves.
The idea is add it to existing pool of slaves.

My concern is whether there is driver for LG tuner and whether I would be able to as well run frontend (ideally XBMC) on LG HW.

Alternative route: to dance around SQLite running on LG

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
T

Co0olCat

Ver perfil de usuario

Debian on LG Empty Re: Debian on LG

Mensaje  vic1972 el Jue Abr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Hello cool friend Wink
woww, seems like your house been a high-tech house Wink

Not really sure about what you want to do; also not sure about the capabilities of your NAS QNAP, does it support DLNA ?
probably what you need is go via dlna ...

As you know our lg equipment is linux but under busybox. You can mostly due anything like in linux, but remember there are lot of
reductions of capabilities, as for example the video output.

regarding sqlite yess!!! it is already running in our lg equipments.
good luck
vic1972
vic1972

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje  Co0olCat el Vie Abr 06, 2012 3:27 am

Hi,

thank you for reply.

QNAP serves as scheduler and router for requests. It hosts MySQL, main back-end and web-based TV guide and scheduler.
When slave is waken up -> it connects to QNAP and reports for service (QNAP can wake up slaves if necessery). After that slaves recieve tasks: to record programs, detect commercials or to stream content. After that server just follows the instructions.

If to go route of Debian -> it will whipe current system and will run its own binaries.

Before I start with Debian I would like to ask whether it would be possible to restore original firmare if installation of Debian would "brick" the LG? Any ideas?

thank you.

Kind regards,
T

Co0olCat

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje  vic1972 el Vie Abr 06, 2012 1:49 pm

hello,
interesting this scheduler server QNAP.
I think it would be feasible to create a daemon middle-ware software running in LG, that start/stop recording...
But again, this would request lot of development, and is not possible for the moment.

Regarding the second part of your post, if I have understood well, you are trying to install debian in lgms450...???!!!!
Not sure, but this not a standard PC. This is a mipsel32 archichecture; also there is no dvd unit for installation, etc, etc
Another idea would be look if there is a flavour debian for mipsel 32 architecture ....

And yes, I think you are safe playing with the firwmwares; as you can always go back to oficial firmware of harmony firmware with the trick of pressing round button while the init process.

Good luck.

vic1972
vic1972

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje  way__no el Vie Mayo 25, 2012 10:36 am

Hello,

I am also in Australia and have a MS408. I haven't yet installed the firmware upgrade, but using telnet run NFS on the MS408, which allows me to mount disks on my various linux (ubuntu) machines. These appear as a folder in the HDD. eg:

Código:
cd /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1

mount  -t nfs -o nolock,vers=2 10.1.1.3:/home/Wayne/Videos /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/Wayne-Videos

mount  -t nfs -o nolock,vers=2 10.1.1.3:/media/ExternalDisk /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/ExternalDisk

I think the firmware upgrade would allow a script for this to run on boot.

Wayne

way__no

Ver perfil de usuario

Debian on LG Empty Update on NFS

Mensaje  way__no el Sáb Mayo 26, 2012 5:27 am

I have now installed the v1.3 firmware (1.4 won't load for some reason), and NFS no longer works!

EDIT: Looks like NFS is disabled in the kernel

EDIT2: I don't think you can enable NFS in v1.3 or v1.4, so I've reverted to the LG firmware.

way__no

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje  Keltek el Lun Mayo 28, 2012 11:08 am

There are no kernel changes in custom firmwares (Harmony) for any version. So if LG kernel have support for NFS, custom firmware must have it too.
Keltek
Keltek

Ver perfil de usuario http://www.fozona.cz/

Mensaje  way__no el Lun Mayo 28, 2012 3:00 pm

I wasn't aware if there were kernel changes. The mount command under LG's firmware works, using the identical command under Harmony etc produces errors.

On the standard firmware, telnet logs in an states its running Busybox v1.1.3, but the custom does not mention Busybox, hence my thought its different.

EDIT: Firmware v1.3 runs Busybox v1.8.2, but that version seems to have disabled NFS or CONFIG_MOUNT

way__no

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado